Homemade Hamburger rolls

I posted on my Nifty Nappy facebook page that we had made some Hamburger rolls. I have had multiple requests for the recipe. So here it is. The recipe for the hamburger rolls I grew up with.

Hamburger Rolls
3 1/2 c. warm water
3/4 c. sugar or 1/2 c. honey
1 c. oil
6 Tbsp. yeast
Rest 15 min.
Add: 1 Tbsp. salt
10 1/2 c. flour (might need more)
3 eggs
Roll out and cut with a large buiscut cutter or a large cup, if you want large rolls then roll out to 1 inch... roll thinner for a thinner roll.
Raise covered, on greased pan 10 min.
Bake at 425 degrees for 15 min.

This makes a few dozen. So be aware. They freeze well, and are great for hamburgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches, really anything you might need a roll for.
Enjoy... and PLEASE let me know if you make these and like them!

Still Sane,
Mama V

Comments

Popular Posts